Company registration no. 39201798 (DK)
1. When do we collect personal data and when do we use it. We collect data in the following situations; (i) when private suppliers establish contracts with us; and (ii) when private clients establish contracts with us or otherwise use the services we provide. When you, as a private supplier delivers products to us or sells products through us, we collect a range of data in order to ensure that we can establish contact with you when someone expresses interest in purchasing a product, or when we need to get in touch for other reasons. We only collect essential data, such as your name, address, phone number, and email address. This data is safely stored in our client and product system.
When you, as a private client, express interest in purchasing a product, participating an event, receiving newsletters, or otherwise using the services we provide, we collect a range of data in order to ensure that we can monitor your relationship with Brigade, as well as to ensure that we can monitor your purchases. We only collect essential data, such as your name, address, phone number, email address, artistic interests, relationships with other clients, and a history of your previous purchases and/or sales. This data is safely stored in our client and product system.
Personal data is only processed and stored when it has been willingly shared, such as in connection with a purchase, participation in an event, subscription to our newsletter, and when you contact us by phone or email.
Please note that in some cases, you are required to share personal data such as your name, address, phone number, and email address, as this data may be required for the sale or purchase of a product. Under certain transaction conditions, Danish and European Union Anti Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing Regulations also requires Brigade to obtain passport copies or similar identification documents as well as information on beneficial ownership of entities involved in the transaction. We will not be able to establish an agreement regarding the purchase/sale of a product if you refuse to share this data with us.
2. For what purposes do we use personal data. We use personal data for the following purposes: (i) to efficiently handle the purchase/sale of products (e.g. in connection with invoices); (ii) to set up a profile for you in our client and product system; (iii) to allow us to efficiently contact you (e.g. in connection with the purchase/sale of products); (iv) to efficiently respond to queries; (v) to send you our newsletter if you have opted to receive this; (vi) to invite you to events and to efficiently plan said events; (vii) to offer you the products and services you have requested; (viii) for marketing purposes; (ix) compliance with Danish and European Union Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing Regulatons; and (x) to locate sold works in the event of a retrospective museum/ art institution exhibition and establish contact between buyer and museum / art institution with buyer's permission..
3. On what grounds do we treat your personal data. We process your personal data as outlined above on the following grounds; (i) your consent; (ii) the processing being necessary in order to honour an arrangement with you or to take steps requested by you prior to the establishment of such an agreement; (iii) the processing being necessary in order to fulfil our legal responsibilities; (iv) the processing being necessary to ensure that the data controller or a third party can pursue legitimate interests, unless the registered party's interests or basic rights and freedoms that require protection of personal data take precedence to this pursuit of interests, namely if the registered party is a child. The pursuit of legitimate interests is operated by the gallery.
4. Are we allowed to send you marketing material. We would like to send you marketing material that we believe you might find interesting. We will only send you marketing material if you give us permission to do so and if you have previously opted to receive marketing material from us, you are always free to opt back out. If you no longer wish to receive marketing material from us, we ask that you send us an email at .
5. When do we pass on your personal data. We reserve the right to pass on your personal data under certain circumstances. Your personal data may be passed on to; (i) suppliers with whom we work in order to provide you with the services related to your association with Brigade (including service suppliers, such as marketing, services, and support teams; (ii) other third parties, in connection with the purchase/sale of products; or (iii) legal bodies if this is required by law. Your data will only be passed on to the extent, and to the parties, required in order to supply the service requested, e.g. in connection with the creation of a client profile in the client and product system or when required by law.
6. How long do we store your personal data. Brigade stores your personal data for as long as it is necessary in order to provide the services requested, to serve a justified purpose (like monitoring you as a private supplier or client in our client and product system), or to meet the requirements of current legislation. We remove personal data on a continuous basis, deleting data that has served the purpose for which it was stored.
7. What are your rights. Excellent question. We have so few left. Should you want access to the personal data we are processing at Brigade, you can request this by contacting us at . You reserve the right to access the personal data of yours that we process. Should it turn out that this data is incorrect or misleading, you reserve the right to request that we amend, block, or delete this data. Furthermore, you are always free to protest further processing of your personal data, as well as to limit further processing of this. If the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you reserve the right to rescind this consent. This rescinding of your consent will not affect the legality of processing that occurred before your consent was rescinded. You also reserve the right to file a complaint with Datatilsynet at . You can read more about this governing body on Datatilsynet's website, which can be found here. If your personal data is being used for marketing purposes, you also reserve the right to protest further processing of your personal data for these purposes, including protest against profiling within the context of direct marketing.
Company registration no. 39201798 (DK)